|Image from The Testament of Dr Mabuse (Fritz Lang, 1933). Read Michael Walker’s article on this film here.|
A great way to start the week, Film Studies For Free thinks. The second issue of the new Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism has just been posted online, with a wonderful looking Lang dossier, a fine tribute to the late Robin Wood, which takes the form of seven of his rarest pieces from the 1960s, 70s and 80s. And there’s more besides on Susan Hayward and Vincente Minnelli. Direct links to all items are given below.
Now, to read it!
- Notes on Metropolis Michael Walker
- M: Leading the Blind Douglas Pye & Iris Luppa
- Das Testament des Dr Mabuse Michael Walker
- Susan Hayward in the 50s Edward Gallafent
- Madame Bovary, C’est Moi – Signed, Vincente Minnelli Mark Rappaport
- Attitudes in Advise and Consent Robin Wood
- In Memoriam Michael Reeves Robin Wood
- Sense of Dislocation Robin Wood
- <a href="http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/film/movie/contents/signs_and_motifs.pdf" title="Signs and Motifs
Signs and Motifs Robin Wood
- Moments of Release Robin Wood
- Call Me Ishmael Robin Wood